Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Busy, busy...

This has been a huge assigment. To fulfill the requirements of the assignment, I created my student activity within the first week of the alloted time. But because my website is a teacher resource, a student activity wasn't really appropriate for the site. Plus, at the beginning of the semester I asked a librarian friend if there was something useful I could create for her. She requested a tutorial for her teachers on how to effectively use the Destiny OPAC system, so I've been working on that as my "real" activity - although it doesn't really fit the requirements of the assignment. It's a tutorial for adults, not an activity for students.

What's especially interesting about how this is all coming together, is I've recently been learning about some video tools in another class that I've been able to utilize for this tutorial. Handy coincidence! Although I realize it's not up to Hollywood standards, I'm pretty proud of my first attempt at combining tools to create something that will be of real use to a faculty. I did it! And I learned a ton of useful info in the process. Hurrah!

No comments: