You know, I really thought I had initially culled my sites very well. I still found one that I needed to replace. I was surprised! This assignment was interesting; I didn't realize there were tools out there to help you analyze a site. Helpful.
The "controversial topic" searches were the most challenging part of the assignment for me, because I try to be very careful on the web. I was really outside of my comfort zone. I'm pretty conservative when it comes to searching and clicking on search results. Over the years I've learned to scrutinize URLs because I just don't want to risk picking up some ugly malware or a virus or something. Risk equals money spent repairing or replacing a computer; I just don't chance it. So it was tough for me to click on some of the results that came up from the "controversial topics" in the PowerPoint. I only chose a few that looked (from our study) reliable; it was just too stressful to do more (fear of grocery money having to be spent on computer repair). =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment